Thursday, October 26, 2006

Confession:

I love putting furniture together.

Near the top of my list of favorite things to do is to sit down in front of a good movie I've seen 12,000 times (You've Got Mail, Bridget Jones' Diary) with a box full of parts to put together. I mean, really, what is NOT fun about that? You totally get to organize something WITH DIRECTIONS, and then when you are done you have a new piece of furniture. It's like a big jigsaw puzzle, except not for old people and is not useless when you are done. Plus, I get to use my tools, which is always fun.

One of the reasons I was so excited to move into my apartment was because I had three bookcases, an entertainment center, and an audio shelf to put together. Although the entertainment center sucked because I couldn't put it together while watching a movie because I couldn't set up the tv without the entertainment center and you get where I am going with this.

And today, I discovered the PERFECT thing to put together.

A massage chair.

Why, you ask? Because although the damn thing is very hard to put together, the illustrations do not match the written instructions, and it is HEAVY, you have a wonderful suprise at the end. After all the pain, sweating, grunting, blot tightening, cursing, blot removing-flipping part over-bolt tighterning is over, you get to turn it on. And did you know that when you sit in a massage chair, turn it on, and close your eyes you can totally fall asleep?

So not only was I able to put together a big puzzle into a piece of furniture, but that piece of furniture then relax and rejuvinated me. How awesome is that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home