Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The perfect look

I do not understand the women that are able to dress professionally every day. Luckily my office is fairly (okay, very) relaxed about such things, because I have worn jeans, tennis shoes, and a polo shirt to work more times than I can count.

Today, I attempted to look nice - or wear something other than jeans. I managed to wake up at 6:50am, which is better than the 7:40am of the previous morning. I took a shower, shaved my legs, blow dried and then straightened my hair. (I hate straightening my hair in the morning because it gets so FREAKING HOT in the bathroom. I have to take breaks to go sit in front of the fan. Seriously hot.) Then I got dressed in a skirt, button down shirt, and slide-on heels.

That's it. That's all I did, and I managed to be 30 MINUTES late for work. I put my makeup on sitting at my desk, and completely forgot to put on any jewelry. I suck. How do other women do it? Men, I don't care about...they shave, throw on a suit, and run out the door. NOT THE SAME. How do women shower, shave, moisturize, do their hair (anywhere from blow drying to straightening to curling to fixing in a complicated hair style that would look like a 2 year old attempted it on my head. I hate my hair!), put on make up, get dressed (including panty hose, YUCK!), pick out shoes, accessorize (jewelry, purse, etc.) and then make it to work on time?

Sigh. I need more coffee just thinking about all of this.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home