Friday, September 14, 2007

Shopping is bad for your health. But good for the economy!

Okay, I know that Old Navy sells cheap clothing. I can't tell you how many shirts I've sent to Goodwill because they have shrunk, or the hem has fallen apart, or there is a hole in the arm pit. I know this. But I can't resist the plethora of cute shirts for under $10, especially when I am going to be traveling and need new clothes.

(What's that? You don't buy new clothes to go traveling? That's silly, it is one of my favorite reasons to buy stuff...that, and, "But I WANT it!")

And then, when I saw the huge sign at the front of the store that said "60% off of EVERYTHING," I kind of lost my head. I spent way more than I had budgeted for, but for $70 I got 14 shirts and 1 zip up sweatshirt. 14 shirts! That's like $4 a shirt! And, I can wear a new shirt everyday for two weeks! Actually, a lot of them are for layering so I won't really do that, but it an exciting thought.

Will I be the best dressed person in the poor house? Absolutely. Although, it had better be a pretty short stay in the poor house, because these shirts don't last forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home