Saturday, April 21, 2007

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker...

In case you haven't noticed, I am one of those people that get obsessed with things. Songs, movies, books, I can listen/watch/read certain things over and over again. Not only is it comforting to me that some things remain the same, I just get into certain moods.

This morning after breakfast I turned my television to the Broadway songs channel. While I was doing the dishes, a song came on that reminded me of another song. I sang it to myself over and over until I was able to dry my hands, run to the computer, and look up the song. At first I thought I owned the song so I looked through my iTunes, but I couldn't find it. Turning to my old friend Google, I immediately found my song and realized where I knew it from.

"Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me."
I know it seems kind of corny, but this song is featured in one of my favorite episodes of Sex and the City. Mr. Big has decided to leave New York, and he and Carrie have a beautiful moment dancing to this song. I'm not sure why, but that moment really touches me, and I've watched the entire episode three times now. If I had any money, I would download the song and listen to it over and over.

The song manages to express exactly what I feeling at this moment. I love it when that happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home