Monday, July 30, 2007

Prepare for the middle class complaining that follows

While I am not currently physically tired, I am tired of a lot of things.

  • I'm tired of having crappy hair.
  • I'm tired of always thinking about the future and saving and planning for things that will eventually, maybe happen.
  • I'm tired of looking the same way, dressing the same way, being the same way.
  • I'm damn tired of the city I live in.
  • I love my family but I am tired of getting a guilt trip every Sunday that I don't go to church. I don't like church. It is boring, and I always feel like I am being judged. Me and God are much closer when I sit outside at John Knox watching the stars than when I'm in a poorly air conditioned room being told I don't give enough money to the church. Oh, and that I need to work on my marriage.
  • I'm tired of not having enough to do at work. And I'm tired of feeling guilty about that.
  • I'm tired of running out of money at the end of every month and having to float checks until the 1st.
  • I'm tired of not being social. I want to meet new people, have fun, and be a little crazy.

I feel like I've been doing the same thing since high school - study, be responsible, do the right thing, think about the future, wait until the right time.

I'll tell you this - if I'm not purchasing airplane tickets to get my ass out of the state and then country this time next year I'm going to move to Russia. That'll shake things up. I'm holding on, I've only got one more year and then what I REALLY want to do will count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home