Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have a problem, and am running out of possible solutions.

Problem: Snotty neighbor (shares my living room wall) persists in playing music at unreasonable volumes. The majority of my problem is the bass, which vibrates the walls and travels much farther than the rest of the sound.

Solutions Tried: Banging on the wall, speaking to neighbor (x 10, including lengthy explains of how bass sound travels and suggestions to move the radio to A DIFFERENT WALL), ear plugs, rearranging my living room, avoiding the living room, avoiding the apartment, playing my own music, speaking to the apartment complex.

The Only Other Things I Can Think Of: Calling the police, moving out, buying a shot gun.

Problems With the Only Other Things I Can Think Of: Possible repercussions (not sure how snotty neighbor will get, I live alone, etc.) from calling police, bad credit and loss of money from moving out early and breaking my lease, being put in jail for shooting someone else's radio.

I'm getting REALLY stressed out and upset about all of this, even though I tell myself that I shouldn't. I HATE repetitive noises (ask anyone I know how I feel about ticking clocks and loud keyboards) and I can not shut that stupid booming bass noise out. I am paying A LOT to live in this apartment and I don't really want to move out early - but I also do not want to go on like I have been. I am a conflict-avoider and any kind of confrontation makes me sick to my stomach.

I just don't understand why it is so important to listen to crappy music with big bass. I respect and am considerate to my neighbors, and believe that everyone else should be as well.

So, great world wide web, if anyone is reading this and has any (legal) suggestions for me that I haven't already thought of, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home