Tuesday, December 19, 2006

As I sit here watching Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition) I'm thinking the following things:

  • I'm really not a dork; the DVD belongs to my mother who IS a dork. I haven't read the books, and I don't really get the movies. I want to, and I have tried to get into both the movies and the books because it totally sounds like something I would like. I do, however, LOVE the music - it has become some of my favorite study/reading music. I've borrowed all three extended editions from my mom and have decided to watch them during my vacation. I am hoping this will help me understand everything a little better, all those "s" names run together.
  • I saw The Pursuit of Happyness today (and it KILLS me to write "happyness" instead of "happiness"!) It cracks me up how much my jobs effect how I look at the world. Not to give anything away (it was a good movie, you should go see it), but during a scene where the main character is trying to solve a Rubix cube I couldn't help but think about how easily our math camp counselors solve those things. There was also a scene in a daycare, and I started mentally calculating how many kids were in the room and how much square footage they were required to have - they daycare was totally out of compliance, even in Texas. I assume the laws in California are much more strict.
  • Even a family member can surprise me with their reactions to certain things; I don't think I'll ever be able to figure some things out. And this surprise was not a good one.
  • My birthday is tomorrow. I can't believe that I am going to be a quarter of a century old. I hate how everyone gets so introspective around their birthdays and/or the holidays; I think I am too introspective all the time, so I'd rather not think about how my accomplishments measure up to my expectations for life. I'm not really a "goal" person (outside of school), so there are no lists of what I want to do by the time I turn whatever age. There is one glaring thing that stands out every birthday, but...I can never decide if I should just be patient or if I should be doing something. Anyway.
  • I don't care what anyone says, Viggo Mortensen is way hotter than anyone else in this movie. I'm a fan.
  • I should probably put the salmon in the oven, I think it is warm enough now. I don't want it to be halfway cooked like it was last night, but I think 30 minutes of preheating is enough.
  • Getting a new haircut is perhaps one of the very best things about being a girl. It is one of those things that can never be explained, but going to get a haircut feels like such a luxury. P.S. I like the way my haircut turned out. And tomorrow I get to play/style it!
  • I really really really wish my cat would eat normally. Ghost has been sick on and off for the past six months and it is killing both me and my wallet. He is 10, which is not really that old for a cat. Right now he doesn't have a fever and is acting fairly normally, but he doesn't want to eat. I've already taken him to the vet once, and I can't really afford to take him again. Although, if he doesn't eat his breakfast tomorrow I will have to.
  • Why does putting someone in a black cloak that covers their face make them scary? The old evil dead kings in Lord of the Rings (sorry, I don't know their real name) are strikingly similar to the dementors in Harry Potter.
Ooops, my salmon is ready! Maybe after I finish eating I will wrap some presents.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home