Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First Day of School: Part 2

Today is my first day of school, what with all of the rain/ice/sleet/snow/cold/wind canceling school last week. This semester both of my classes are on the same day, which will make Tuesdays very long but the rest of the week will be much better. My second semester of grad school I took 9 hours - I had class Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 6:30-9pm. It felt like pretty much every night I got home at 9:30pm and then had to be at work at 8am the next day. It SUCKED. ASS.

On Tuesday afternoons I will be taking Magical Realism, with a professor who also teaches Children's Lit. classes. (As I type this, I don't think anyone really cares what the hell classes I am taking, my it's my blog so you have to read it. Bitches.) In the evening I will join the world of people who know stuff about Milton; yes, that's right folks, I get to read Renaissance poetry for a semester. My favorite. This is the first semester that I haven't taken a children's lit course, and I am very sad. The course they are offering this semester is the Golden Era, and they are reading Alice in Wonderland, Little House on the Prairie, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit, Eight Cousins, Peter Pan, Little Lord Fauntleroy, Black Beauty, Anne of Green Gables, and The Wind in the Willows. I am very very very jealous and really want to take this class. Stupid requirements, don't you know that I went to grad school to take ONLY the classes that I wanted to take? Whatever.

In other news...Well, there isn't really any other news.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home