Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Moving up and onward!

I've moved on from Spring Awakening and have now listened to the Evita soundtrack for two days in a row. A singing Antonio Banderas is hella sexy.

I've also spent the morning making lists, and no I won't post them on here. It might get a little ridiculous (even for me!) to make a list of my lists. Suffice to say that I have a very busy weekend ahead. This is the first weekend in quite a while that I haven't had a birthday/concert/holiday/celebration (i.e. Erin and I went shopping and wanted to wear our new stuff) of some kind to attend. Not that I mind all of those things, I've had a lot of fun, but I need a solid weekend of cleaning, reading, researching, and catching up on sleep.

I'm also trying to be much better about my money stuff. Instead of thinking, "I just got paid, so I can buy a bunch of stuff and then not buy anything for the rest of the month!" I will be thinking, "I don't have much money right now, so I need to focus on saving/paying things off." I'm trying to think of what I want in the future and not what I want this second. I've already frozen my credit card; I literally put it in a jar of water in the freezer. That way it is still there if I absolutely need it, but I will have to think long and hard about using it while it is thawing out. I'm also thinking about canceling my cable this summer. There are no new shows on, and anything I really want to watch I can rent or download from iTunes. I have TONS of movies to watch, and I should be spending most of the summer reading. I have two shelves a books to read, and there are lots more I would like to look into - and I will use the library! I really should sit down and enter some stuff into Microsoft Money/make a budget - maybe that can be something I do tonight or tomorrow night.

Oh, I'm also trying to stop drink soda again. I though if I gave up the regular sodas and just drank diet ones that I was doing good, but then I read this article. Scary much? So I'm going to focus on drinking coffee and LOTS of water. Water is good for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home