Friday, February 02, 2007

Short and Sweet

You may have noticed that I added a few links to the sidebar; I also suddenly realized that they were not alphabetized which is against the order of the universe, so I fixed that. I don't have a lot to say today, so I would encourage you to go and read what much better blogs and sites have to say about the world.

P.S. These are just my opinions about the followings sites, so please don't sue me or anything.

  • Blue October Open Book
    • This is mostly where I go to remind myself that there are other people in the world. It's fun to see the drama that goes down sometimes, although I am strickly a lurker.
  • Blurbomat
    • Husband to the famous Dooce, posts a lot of interesting pictures and stuff about Macs.
  • Broadway.com
    • Hello, I love Broadway. If you love Broadway, this is your site. Lots of articles, movies, and pictures of the shows and stars currently on the great white way.
  • Dooce
    • As far as I know, one of the most famous personal blogs; Dooce is extremely funny, extremely honest, and a beautiful photographer. If you aren't reading her website, you should be. Oh, and say hello to the 21st century.
  • For Better or For Worse
    • My favorite comic strip.
  • Go Fug Yourself
    • Famous people mercilessly mocked for their fashion choices; these girls stole my sense of humor and made it even funnier and more sarcastic.
  • Internet Movie Database
    • I am obsessed with this website and will often hit it up five or six times a day. I read the daily news, look up quotes, trivia, and goofs for my favorite shows and keep up with my most useful habit: knowing exactly who is in whatever show and movie I am watching and what else they have been in. It drives me CRAZY when I can't figure out where else I have seen an actor, I have to look it up instantly. It is not uncommon for me to come straight home from the movies and log onto imdb.
  • kottke.org
    • I just started reading this site, and a few of the more technical articles go over my head, but overall it is a very intelligent site with a wide variety of posts and links. I learn things here.
  • Metro Dad
    • This guy lives in NYC which automatically makes him cool in my book, and tells hilarious stories about his life with his wife (BossLady), his daughter (Peanut), and his dog (MetroDog). Plus, he actually watches more tv AND reads more than I do.
  • Perez Hilton
    • Trashy, trashy, trashy website with the latest in Hollywood trashy news. Did I say trashy? Seriously, if you have any respect for me, don't read this website because all your respect will fly out the window. Most people can't look away from car crashes - I can't look away from celebrity news.
  • Post Secret
    • An amazing website, changing the way that people think about themselves. It is updated every weekend with new secrets; some are funny, some are serious, some break your heart, and other make you feel not alone. Mad props to the owner for simply putting up the cards without judgment, comment, or advertising.
  • Que Sera Sera
    • This lady is who I want to be when I grow up; very funny, a great writer, AND she also lives in NYC. If I didn't freeze up in social situations with people I admire, I would totally want to hang with her.
  • The Superficial
    • Kind of a combination of the Fugly girl's wit and the Perez trash celeb-news. Sometimes funny, sometimes offensive, I can't help but read it. C'mon, I don't read the tabloids in the grocery store, or even People magazine.
  • Sure Thing, Babs
    • This lady knows her shit; written in third person this site is half story, half blog. I envy her writing style and have enjoyed reading every single one of her posts.
  • Sweet Juniper!
    • The cutest couple with the cutest kid in the world. Beautiful pictures of a blond two-year old in front of decrepit building covered in graffiti, innovative children's books, indie music recommendations, excellent writing, and cute stories. Oh, and the Friday daily urchin pictures are really cool.
  • Tomato Nation
    • I also just found this website, and have enjoyed reading it. A few of the entries kind of lose me, but the majority are amazing. The kind of writing that stays with you, and you find yourself thinking about days later.
  • What's Alan Watching?
    • A guy who writes about my favorite tv shows? Bring it on! I have to keep ignoring Bloglines when it tells me that a new post has been added because I haven't had time to watch any tv lately, but I enjoy reading what he has to say after I've seen the shows. I do disagree with him about Studio 60, though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home