Saturday, January 06, 2007

Because I was really sad about taking my Christmas decorations down, I present:




"A Photo Essay, via Blogger and Flickr."
All pictures, decorating, and uploading done by me.






Pretty green and red tinsel, oh how I will miss you. Silver bow, clear lights, how will I ever sleep without your comforting (yet shiny) presence?




Oh one pretty red ornament in a tree full of silver, your outstanding self will be sorely missed.



My beautiful little tree, how shall I ever go to the bathroom without your gentle branches grabbing my legs? How will Ollie ever amuse himself without having you to turn completely upside down?



My poor snowmen that never got to see the light of Santa's face. I am ever so sorry, green guy on the left, that Ollie knocked your hat off in an effort to kill the deadly, furry, stocking. And little red guy at the end...I will mourn your passing with great remorse, especially because it was my fault you fell on the ground shortly after I took this picture and broke in half.



Hey there fiber optic Santa. I think I may miss your cherry lights and slightly creepy face most of all. Dude, are you high?



Pretty, pretty twinkly snowflakes from the patio, how will I ever watch tv at night and not have your glowing faces beam down on me? While some may claim that your effects resemble a strobe light, I know that you are just excited about bringing (fake) snow to us poor southerners. We'll see you next year for sure.



Sigh...no longer will my iridescent silver tinsel decorate my view to the outside world. I know that in years past your were able to glow with the lights I wrapped around you, but this year I got a little busy. And the light bill from last December terrified me. But you did your best, as you always do. Shine on, shiny tinsel. Shine on.



My first addition to the Christmas of 2006. I know that Ollie, Ghost, and I will miss your cheery message every morning and evening. Although you are not technically spelled correctly, you have spirit, and I like that.



I know this picture doesn't have any Christmas decorations in it, but I just had to show the world what my cats do all day in the winter. There is an electric blanket under that comforter, on high, and Ghost and Ollie spend entire days stretched across it. We should all be so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home