Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yesterday...was one hell of a day!

Things that happened yesterday:
  • There was a bug in my coffee (which I fortunately did not drink).
  • I went to the eye doctor
  • I got a free lunch (with one and a half desserts!)
  • There was a bomb threat in the English building, forcing them to evacuate and my favorite class to be canceled.
  • The painters came to paint the trim in our office. They sanded the trim first (usual paint practice). My boss, not being the most practical of people, couldn't figure out what they had done, so he rubbed his finger on the trim. Then he licked his finger. I have no idea why.
  • I had a minor panic attach about the mail.
  • I gave a 10 minute presentation about a paper I haven't written. Actually, it was more like 5 minutes, because...well, I haven't written it yet!
  • I found out when I will be giving my paper at the conference this summer. It was rather surreal seeing my name and the title of my paper on the schedule.
  • My co-worked abandoned me for California. She won't be back until Monday.
  • I spent the vast majority of my evening class trying to figure out why there seems to be a particular sub-species of boys in graduate school that are able to think brilliant, abstract, obscure, and philosophic thoughts but are completely unable to take care of themselves. I think they live on coffee and cigarettes, don't sleep, wear nice shoes with horrible shirts, and always have bed head. I would like to send them home, make them take a shower, change clothes, eat a real meal, and then come back to school with a little more common sense. [pause] I was totally paying attention in class, I swear. I was also not playing with my bottle of water and pen making watercolor paintings on my notes. Definitely not.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home