Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Random Thoughts, Version 2.0 (with rather more links that I expected)

  • Sometimes I get into the really morose/melancholy moods. I become convinced that everyone I know is going to die, or that I will lose my job, or that something really bad will happen to someone I know - so I sit around thinking about all the bad things that could happen to prepare myself. Tonight is one of those nights.
  • Whenever I read my Bloglines, I open each blog into a new tab so that I can read it in context. And sometimes to mix it up, I read from the last one to the first one. Also, while reading, I highlight text as I go along so that I can keep track of where I am reading. I do not do this in books.
  • Gilmore Girls ended tonight. I didn't realize how much I loved that show until they ended it PERFECTLY. The series romance is settled, but they didn't make it too gushy, and Rory is able to pursue her career without being saddled with a boyfriend. Although it may not have the longevity of Little Women, it will be right below it in my heart. Such a good show, about good people, with only a few falters. Although I like to think I would love more episodes, I think it is true that it is better to go out on the top rather than staying around too long (*cough* Friends *cough*).
  • Work is CRAZY right now. I don't want to get "dooced," so I will just say that we are coming into the busiest month of my life and I feel like someone enrolled me in a marathon sprint without telling me. I literally thought my head was going to explode this morning with trying to keep track of everything I needed to do. This brings me to my next thought.
  • I may not be around as much for the next month or so. The two weeks of hell starts in June. but the ramp leading up to it is getting steeper and steeper. And then I get to leave in the middle of everything to go to Virginia to give a paper discussing a book in front of two of my professors and the AUTHOR OF THE DAMN BOOK I WROTE ABOUT. Swell.
  • Who knew Fergie could actually sing? And hey, Jess from Gilmore Girls, remember your roots boy now that you're all hot stuff, making out with Fergie and having a new show and all. And by hot, I mean...hot.
  • I want this.
  • I've been reading a lot lately, and in a week or two I'm going to call the cable company to barter a deal. A deal you say? With the cable company? Yes. I'm going to see if I continue to pay them $7 a month for an equipment fee if I can keep my DVR for the summer but cancel my cable. I'll get it back in August/September, but I don't want it for the summer. I want to make better use of my time than sitting and watching useless shows or repeats of shows I've already seen. I'm not some crazy hipster, though, I still have my movies. And the cable is coming back.
  • When I was younger, the best part of my day was the time right before bed. I would lay in bed and dream of all the romantic, lovely, and exciting things that would happen to me in the future. Somewhere around the time I moved back home from my first year of college, that ended. Now I try to distract myself as much as possible before going to bed, so I don't have to worry, plan, and feel guilty about my day, the past, and what is inevitably coming up. I miss looking forward to things and not dreading them. I miss being friendly with the dark. And I miss wondering if someone else was thinking about me before they were going to sleep.

Good night, internet. Sweet dreams for us all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home